Reflection

                                          Getty-Hristo Shindov


Not sure about who I see in front of me
Dreams and goals dissipate
     like warm breath against the icy morning air.
This is not who you used to be.
People change, I know this to be true.
But this settling mentality that has found its way to your heart
     Well....its not you
"She doesn't know me" is what you sometimes tell your friends
I know the reach of your dreams, the dept of your thoughts.
I know the compassion in your heart and the might of your pen.
I know the tears you cry
     when the pain is hard to bare,
I'm familiar with the laughter that fills
     your hilariously dysfunctional family air.
I know the hustle in your heart
     when it's time to go to work.
 I even understand your tones of silence
     when you try to hide the hurt.
That love you seek
     is wreaking havoc on your heart
Flying around blindly
     not seeing the light because of the stars
I understand loneliness
     and the clamant need to be fed
But be careful how you pick your thread count
Remember,
     you'll have to lie in that bed
No, I'm not sure of the person
I see in front of me.
Dreams and goals disappear
     like warm breath against the icy morning air.
This is not who you used to be

Copyright © 2017 by Joyce Oscar

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts