ARE YOU SERIOUS?

OK..so I'm standing in the deli line at my favorite grocery store waiting on subs for my son and I. This really odd looking fellow is beside me. He looks like he wants to start a conversation but doesn't know what to say. So I smile and say hello. He nods his head in "hello"agreeance....he says nothing...but is still staring at me. AWKWARD ! 
I proceed to the juice isle to get Gatorade, I turn to put them in my basket and the little odd looking fellow is standing there...scared me to death. I apologize for nearly running him over. He nods in "I apologize" agreeance....he says nothing...but is still staring at me. 
So now I'm getting a little freaked out. I can't wait to get out of the store.
I mosey on over to the candy to get my son's favorite (Reese's)...don't know why I just told you that but felt it needed to be in the story. Anyway I grab the candy and prayed that the little odd looking fellow wasn't there. Whew!!! thank goodness he wasn't so I make a dash for the register. Great there's no one in isle 4 so I can make it to the track meet in time (this is what was going through my mind). The cashier greets me, I empty my basket and suddenly remember I didn't grab the chips. I turn to the bin at the end of the register and...BAM!!! there he is again...Now I'm really FREAKED...What the hell is he doing following me? So a little annoyed because I damn near ran into him again, I politely say "Oh excuse me, I didn't realize someone was behind me"....he nods in "excuse me" agreeance...he says nothing but this time tips his hat, revealing his balding head, as if he were saying hello. Oh yea, he smiled... The cashier must have thought it was funny because she chuckled a little. Hell I wasn't laughing. This dude was everywhere. So I make a run for the car, refusing the attendant's help with the bag. At this point I just want to get in the car behind locked doors. When I thought I was safe...I hear someone scurrying behind me saying "excuse me Miss, excuse me." I turn and it's HIM. Well at least I'm close to my truck so I can beat the hell out of him and hide him underneath the blankets if I have to. He says "I don't mean to bother you but I was noticing you in the store." In my mind I'm saying "YOU THINK!..Noticing is an understatement, how about STALKING." He says "Your skin is so clear and beautiful, I just wanted to ask what you used on it so that I can tell my wife about it." 
I gave him a weird look, but really flattered by the compliment and politely said...."water". 
"OH, is that it?" he asked.
"Yes," I replied.
He thanked me and walked to his car...That was the weirdest thing I've ever encountered. He had me scared as hell just because he wanted to know what I used on my face!

Comments

  1. Are you Serious? Girlfriend that would have pissed me off too. You had me laughing out loud there for a minute! This behavior is leery!! Sounds like a predator to me. He had to play it off my saying he had a wife because he knew he couldn't run game on you. Sound like a Vampire to me! LOL I work at the grocery store and believe me I have had my share of stalkers. You could smell them a mile away..... You tickled me when you told him "water". He thought then, this chick must be packing!!!! You ended up spooking him. Nice Article...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delia,
      LOL....you might be right...but seriously, he looked harmless but you never know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts