The Ugly Truth



                                   
Each day most of us are greeted with "Hi, how are you?", "How is your day going?" etc...etc. And each time we may answer, "I'm great?" or "Everything is going well today." Do you ever want to just tell the TRUTH? Do you want to say, I feel terrible, my back hurts and I really don't want to be here." or "Last night I caught my wife in bed with someone else." Or perhaps even, "Why are you asking me how I'm doing? You know you really don't care." Writer Khalil Gibran said "Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness." But sometimes our truth isn't a happy truth and yet we pretend to be content and share our lie. Why are we sharing these lies? A good friend said to me, "All of us are insecure about something, but the truth is...most of us are too insecure about our insecurity to say what our insecurity is." So....we keep telling ourselves and others that..."Everything is good".


The Ugly Truth


Would you still like her 
If you knew her ugly truth
A life of thrift store bargains 
And bottom of the barrel fruit
Almost expired meat, 
Running off without paying for gas
Taking tissue from the workplace
Just to wipe her ass
Robbing Jimmy just to pay John
Tryin to stay ahead of the race
All of this while managing
To keep a smile on her face
I doubt you would befriend her
If you knew her ugly truth
A drug addicted sister
A thieving father too
A brother who craved to take her
Where siblings should never go
A mother that kept a blinded eye
And pretended not to know
I hope you can try to love her 
once you know her ugly truth
It can be a cold and lonely place out there
When all you have is you
So when you see her head bowed,
And happiness her pursuit
Remember....
Her circumstances do not define her
They are just her ugly truths

Comments

Popular Posts