Mommy Memory Monday - It's the Little Things...




                                      
I once read "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize that they were the big things."

The first man to bring me a bouquet of flowers was about three feet tall and called me mommy. Of course he wasn't a man at the time, he was only about five years old. But I was so touched that this baby saw something that he thought was beautiful and decided that I was special enough to give them to.

Now these were not roses, lilies or sunflowers...These were the little yellow dandelion flowers, described as weeds by most. I laugh each time I think about his little hands hidden behind his back. He ran into the kitchen where I was preparing a meal and said, "I have something for you." As I turned, I saw a big smile on his face as he yelled "Surprise!" He handed me a fist full of those little yellow flowers.

"Awe, thank you sweetie. These are so pretty." I proudly grabbed a small glass, put them in water and watched him run back outside to play.

I think about that day sometime as I watch him now 19 years later. He's a man now and still surprises me with the little things that he knows I love like, fruit flavored sodas, a bag of Funyons, a cup of coffee after he has made a morning run for breakfast. He even gives me my favorite flavor of candy when he has a bag of jolly ranchers.

I find joy in those seemingly small things because when you really think about it, when someone pays attention to the things you enjoy in life...it really isn't a small thing at all. So today I pray you find comfort and happiness in the small things in life because you'll find that those are the ones that take up the most room in your heart.

Comments

Popular Posts