Emotional Rollercoaster


Love, what a simple yet complex word. That four letter word is defined as a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties, as in a maternal love for a child. It is also defined as an attraction based on sexual desire and affection. OK that's still pretty simple and easy right? Well, that tiny word is so strong that we sometimes run from it. We run because of the effect that it can have. It's an emotional word that takes many of us on a roller coaster ride especially when you go through a breakup. Do you remember how you felt when someone you loved said, "I don't think this is going to work"? Perhaps you didn't even get that. Maybe you just woke up one morning expecting that 'good morning' phone call but that call never came. Your calls went unanswered or returned and you went to bed each night wondering just what happened. You wondered what you did or didn't do to make this person just walk out of your life.


 "Untitled"

You thought I didn’t see you
But I did
I watched you with jealous eyes
As you took her hand
And helped her out of the car
Your gentle kiss on her cheek
Brought a smile to her face
That kiss once belonged to me
And I wondered what she did so differently
I wondered why you chose her

I know you thought I didn’t see you
But I did
I felt the anger build up
As you walked out of the flower shop
You carried a fresh bouquet
of white lilies
Those were my favorite
You once told me that they symbolized
The purity of our love
What a fool I was

You thought I didn’t see you
But I did
The sadness overwhelmed me
As you tip-toed thru the bedroom
And gathered your things into that
Old green duffle bag
I wanted to jump up and beg you to stay
But I couldn’t move
I just laid there
As still as the night
Watching my life walk out of the door
Without a single goodbye

     Copyright © 2008 Joyce Oscar


Comments

Popular Posts